Monday, June 11, 2012

When God Hits You Upside the Head...

Have you ever had that moment where you want to comfort a friend and suddenly God gives you the perfect thing to say?

It happens to me occasionally, but tonight when it happened it was as if God was telling me Hey, this ones actually for you. Listen. So here's the exact text about sexual desires...

... Remember that your desires and sex are not bad in themselves... God gives you those for a reason... To be perfectly intimate with one man for the rest of your life... Think about it... That intimacy is the closest thing to the intimacy that God has with each of us... No shame, just love in its perfect state... That does not mean that we should let it over take us.... But it does mean that we should not be ashamed of that desire.... You wish to be perfectly intimate with the one man you love body and soul... And that, my dear, was God's plan all along...
As I looked back at the text I had just sent I sat there, mind completely numb. It was like I had been hit in the head and nothing remained on the inside. So I sat there, completely confused for a moment and then read the text again. I could feel Abba whispering over and over, Do you get it now? Do you understand? Do you see what I wish for you to have?

Needless to say, I was dumbstruck. I felt like all I could say at the moment was Oh... Not really sure whether I understood fully or not, I sat there pondering.

God wants us to be able to join with our husband or wife perfectly, in perfect love. A kind of love that is only known by Him. A love that can be weathered and torn, where one can be perfectly intimate, laid bare, in front of the other. No shame. That's the kind of love God shows for each and every one of us, we can hide nothing from him.

Now even I get a bit squeamish thinking about sex and my future husband and relating that to how God loves me. But then again, it's the act of loving that He wishes to demonstrate? Isn't it? When he speaks of us as his bride, this is the kind of love He is talking about.


Isaiah 62:5 "As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."



Revelation 19:6-8 "Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
'Hallelujah!
 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.'

No comments:

Post a Comment