Monday, October 15, 2012

Hope For A Future

I was looking at some of my old poetry and was struck by this simple poem I had written almost three years ago.

I don't really need a fairytale,
I just need real.
I need it to be true
based in the Truth, full of life.
I don't need a knight in shining armor,
I just need a man,
honest, full of love, ready for battle
ready to take on Satan in everyday life.
I don't need a man,
I need a boy
full of belief like a child
sitting at Jesus's feet,
thirsting for more.
I don't need a handsome prince,
for I am no princess.
Warriors we can be together
ready for the darkness and evil to face us.
I don't need dreams
I need hope again,
hope of a future
where I can feel whole again.
I know the Lord is creating His masterpiece still,
the clay is in His hands,
He's molding and shaping my new heart
but... I wish he'd hurry!
"Hope deferred makes a heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

How could I have forgotten this? Crazy!

But ... I get caught up so often in just wanting a guy to look at me; or a guy to be WITH me, that I often that I want THE perfect guy Abba has for me. I don't want to just hook up. I want a man who is a perfect match for me, a man who I can grow with, who will lead me, who will love me, and who will be my best friend.

I need to slow down again and re-think. I need to stop and focus on what God has for my life and remember that He will place a man into my life when the timing is right. Not when I feel lonely or want a guy to take me out for selfish reasons.

I can wait. I really can. And I will wait and stop over thinking things and just enjoy life. And for right now, I am single. And that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment